Monday, September 16, 2019

Meet Lower Campus' School Nurse

Greetings Gator Families,

I have enjoyed meeting many of the students and families these first few weeks of the 2019-2020 school year. I wanted to officially introduce myself to those that I haven’t had the opportunity to meet. My name is Rebecca Kopp and I am the new School Nurse here at Lake Carolina Elementary Lower Campus. Although new to school nursing, I have been working with pediatric patients since January 2014. I love interacting with children and helping them when they are feeling unwell. I also enjoy teaching them about their health and assisting those with chronic problems such as allergies and asthma. 
A little about myself, I am married and have three children, Abigail (11y), Max (8y), and Emma (5y). We live here in Lake Carolina and love the community. I am originally from South Carolina and graduated from Lugoff-Elgin High School. I lived in Charleston for several years until I moved home to attend nursing school at Midlands Technical College. My husband is from Germany and we often visit his family there in the summers. We spend lots of time at Lake Wateree and in the fall  we love watching football to cheer on the Carolina Gamecocks and the Citadel Bulldogs. 
Please feel free to contact me if you ever have questions or concerns regarding your student’s health needs. I can be reached by phone 803-714-1300 ext 3010, or by email rkopp@richland2.org, or you can always stop by and visit the Health Room if you are on campus.

Sincerely, 
Rebecca L. Kopp, RN